Under a paleo lifestlye, whole grain products are not recommended. Whole grain products are considered refined foods as they are no longer in their natural state even if they are labelled ” whole”. They may have started whole before entering the factory but once it is popped, puffed, floured, or shredded , they have now become refined.
We all know mashed potatoes go well with almost everything and they would be a great side dish for our paleo recipes. But we found the most amazing alternative to mashed potatoes ; Mashed Faux – Tatoes.
1 Head of cauliflower
4 tablespoons of butter or coconut oik
1/2 Teaspoon of sea salt
1 Tablespoon of Rosemary or sage
Black pepper to taste
1. Chop the cauliflower into 2-3 inch pieces
2. Steam the cauliflower until it is fork tender and place it in the food processor
3. Add butter, sea salt and herbs.
4. Puree until smooth and creamy
5. Add Black pepper to tasteRead more