- 2 tablespoons ghee, divided (plus more for greasing the biscuit cutters)
- ¼ pound bulk raw pork breakfast sausage
- 2 large eggs
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup water
- 1 heaping tablespoon guacamole (optional)
- Grab two stainless steel 3½-inch biscuit cutters, and grease the insides well with melted ghee. Place one cutter on a plate and fill it with the sausage meat. Gently press the meat down to uniformly shape a sausage patty.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add a tablespoon of ghee. When the fat is shimmering, add the patty to the pan. If you really want the patty to keep its perfectly round shape, you can keep the mould on until the cooked patty shrinks away from the sides. Clean the biscuit cutter and grease it again.
- Fry the sausage about 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until fully cooked.
- Grab two small bowls and crack one egg into each. Pierce the yolks with a fork.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with the remaining tablespoon of ghee. When the ghee’s shimmering, place the two greased biscuit cutters in the pan and pour an egg into each mould. Season the eggs with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add ¼ cup water to the skillet (outside of the egg moulds), making sure not to splash the eggs, and cover the pan. Cook the eggs, covered, for about 3 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer the eggs to a paper-towel lined plate.
- Assemble the burger by sandwiching the sausage patty and guacamole in between the two egg rounds.
This recipe brings about a juxtaposition of flavors, with added vibrance in colors and richness in taste from the Zucchini and Cheddar Cheese. Great as a dish for potluck parties or simply as a comfort food over the weekend, this crust-less quiche is gluten-free and yummy, even non-veggie eating children would be asking for more.
Prep Time: 30min
Cook Time: 60min
450g shredded cheddar cheese
375ml cup milk
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oven to 375F.
- Using a sharp knife, thinly slice the zucchini. Sprinkle salt all over the zucchini slices, toss thoroughly with your fingers and let sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Place the zucchini slices in a cheese cloth or and give it a good squeeze to take out all the moisture.
- In a mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs with the milk. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in 1 cup shredded cheese.
- In a quiche pan, arrange half of the drained zucchini slices and sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese on top of them.
- Arrange a second layer of zucchini slices and pour the milk mixture over them.
- Finish the quiche with the remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake the zucchini quiche in the hot oven for about 50-60 minutes until set and the top of the quiche is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve either warm or cold.
To get a delicious dinner on the table in no time, there’s nothing better than a one-skillet recipe. One-skillet recipes make cooking easy and healthy without dirtying every pot and pan in the kitchen. This Mediterranean Chicken recipe is a delectable way to use common ingredients, guarantees quick cleanup, so that you can spend time with your dinner guests. Not only is it paleo-healthy, it is gluten free too!
1/2 yellow onion, diced
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
227g mushrooms, sliced
3 tomatoes, diced
250g brussel sprout, liquid drained
113g cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
75g cup olives, chopped
450g oven-roasted chicken breasts, sliced
125g Fresh Baby Spinach
2-3 Tbsp olive oil (1-2 tbsp to sauté the veggies, another 1 tbs for cooking)
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp dried oregano
2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped for garnish
Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 Tbsp of olive oil and sauté the chopped onions for 3-4 minutes
- Add the minced garlic in with the onions, and sauté together one more minute
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the sautéed onions and garlic and cook 5-7 minutes until the mushrooms are golden. Add salt and pepper to taste while cooking
- Add 1 Tbsp olive oil to the pan, and toss in the tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, brussel sprouts, and olives. Sprinkle in the parsley, oregano, and stir a few minutes
- Next add the chopped chicken and spinach to the pan – stir and cook 1-2 minutes, or until chicken is heated through. Add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve hot garnished with the fresh basil