- 2 tablespoons ghee, divided (plus more for greasing the biscuit cutters)
- ¼ pound bulk raw pork breakfast sausage
- 2 large eggs
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup water
- 1 heaping tablespoon guacamole (optional)
- Grab two stainless steel 3½-inch biscuit cutters, and grease the insides well with melted ghee. Place one cutter on a plate and fill it with the sausage meat. Gently press the meat down to uniformly shape a sausage patty.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add a tablespoon of ghee. When the fat is shimmering, add the patty to the pan. If you really want the patty to keep its perfectly round shape, you can keep the mould on until the cooked patty shrinks away from the sides. Clean the biscuit cutter and grease it again.
- Fry the sausage about 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until fully cooked.
- Grab two small bowls and crack one egg into each. Pierce the yolks with a fork.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with the remaining tablespoon of ghee. When the ghee’s shimmering, place the two greased biscuit cutters in the pan and pour an egg into each mould. Season the eggs with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add ¼ cup water to the skillet (outside of the egg moulds), making sure not to splash the eggs, and cover the pan. Cook the eggs, covered, for about 3 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer the eggs to a paper-towel lined plate.
- Assemble the burger by sandwiching the sausage patty and guacamole in between the two egg rounds.
To get a delicious dinner on the table in no time, there’s nothing better than a one-skillet recipe. One-skillet recipes make cooking easy and healthy without dirtying every pot and pan in the kitchen. This Mediterranean Chicken recipe is a delectable way to use common ingredients, guarantees quick cleanup, so that you can spend time with your dinner guests. Not only is it paleo-healthy, it is gluten free too!
1/2 yellow onion, diced
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
227g mushrooms, sliced
3 tomatoes, diced
250g brussel sprout, liquid drained
113g cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
75g cup olives, chopped
450g oven-roasted chicken breasts, sliced
125g Fresh Baby Spinach
2-3 Tbsp olive oil (1-2 tbsp to sauté the veggies, another 1 tbs for cooking)
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp dried oregano
2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped for garnish
Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 Tbsp of olive oil and sauté the chopped onions for 3-4 minutes
- Add the minced garlic in with the onions, and sauté together one more minute
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the sautéed onions and garlic and cook 5-7 minutes until the mushrooms are golden. Add salt and pepper to taste while cooking
- Add 1 Tbsp olive oil to the pan, and toss in the tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, brussel sprouts, and olives. Sprinkle in the parsley, oregano, and stir a few minutes
- Next add the chopped chicken and spinach to the pan – stir and cook 1-2 minutes, or until chicken is heated through. Add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve hot garnished with the fresh basil
Our simple starters are designed to make your life easy. Planning a dinner or a lunch for your friends or family may have you on your toes. Not only will this starter take your hands off planning an incredible meal but it is memorable, elegant and delicious.
250g of cold-smoked salmon in slices
2 bunches fresh dill, chopped
2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
1 red onion, chopped,
300-400ml sour cream
80g jar capelin caviar
- Chop Salmon into small pieces, but save two slices.
- Place the salmon pieces in a mixing bowl and add most of the chopped dill, reserving a little for garnish.
- Add chopped eggs and onion then the sour cream and caviar.
- Squeeze lime juice into the mixture and season with chilli flakes, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
A party dish that will leave your guests craving for more. Simple yet classy Salmon Hors D’oeuvre, is a great dish to bring to any party. Great for time-sensitive people as it takes 10 minutes to cook and prepare.
100g Feta Cheese
100g of Cured Salmon
2 Tbsp Chopped Mint
1-2 Tbsp Liquid Honey
Juice of 1 lime
1 tbsp Olive oil
Mint Leaves, to garnish
- Cut the watermelon into 2cm cubes
- Cut the feta into cubes of the same size
- Cut the kiwis into cubes of the same size too
- Place the feta, melon, kiwi and salmon onto the cocktail sticks.
- Brush the marinade over the Salmon Hors D’oeuvres.
- Place in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving.
Cooking Time 10 minutes