Seafood is best savoured fresh for its natural sweetness and succulence. Ingredients used should not cover its natural flavours. Here’s an original recipe by one of the WetMarket founders; a simple recipe for a delicious and quick-to-cook Sautéed Bamboo Clams over White Wine Butter Garlic Pasta.
PREP TIME : 30 min
COOK TIME : 15 min
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 3 tbsp chopped garlic
- 450g of bamboo clams, removed from shell and cleaned
- 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 225g pre-cooked pasta of choice
- 5 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Crusty bread
- Heat a large saute pan, add EVOO and chopped garlic, and cook the halved cherry tomatoes.
- Push all cooked ingredients to the side of the pan. Add butter, and cook bamboo clams. Then, add white wine.
- Saute clams until heated through.
- Add pre-cooked pasta, Parmesan, and chopped parsley.
- Serve with fresh, crusty bread.
To get a delicious dinner on the table in no time, there’s nothing better than a one-skillet recipe. One-skillet recipes make cooking easy and healthy without dirtying every pot and pan in the kitchen. This Mediterranean Chicken recipe is a delectable way to use common ingredients, guarantees quick cleanup, so that you can spend time with your dinner guests. Not only is it paleo-healthy, it is gluten free too!
1/2 yellow onion, diced
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
227g mushrooms, sliced
3 tomatoes, diced
250g brussel sprout, liquid drained
113g cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
75g cup olives, chopped
450g oven-roasted chicken breasts, sliced
125g Fresh Baby Spinach
2-3 Tbsp olive oil (1-2 tbsp to sauté the veggies, another 1 tbs for cooking)
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp dried oregano
2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped for garnish
Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 Tbsp of olive oil and sauté the chopped onions for 3-4 minutes
- Add the minced garlic in with the onions, and sauté together one more minute
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the sautéed onions and garlic and cook 5-7 minutes until the mushrooms are golden. Add salt and pepper to taste while cooking
- Add 1 Tbsp olive oil to the pan, and toss in the tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, brussel sprouts, and olives. Sprinkle in the parsley, oregano, and stir a few minutes
- Next add the chopped chicken and spinach to the pan – stir and cook 1-2 minutes, or until chicken is heated through. Add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve hot garnished with the fresh basil