What is Tartare? You would have heard and seen this term on your menus or heard your friends recommend a tartare dish. The name tartare is used for dishes that contain finely chopped meat or raw fish. Normally tartare comes with a white sauce made from mayonnaise, capers and various accompaniments.
Salmon Tartare: A meal that is both healthy, easy to make and a great alternative for dinner.
500g of Cured Salmon
3-4 Pickled Cucumbers, chopped
2 Red Onions, finely chopped
6 Hard Boiled Egg, Chopped in Halves
2 Ripe Avocados, Sliced and the stone removed
4 Raw egg yolks in halves of eggshells
5 Tbsp Large Capers
1 Jar Lumpfish Caviar (80g)
Freshly ground black pepper
- Ensure the cured salmon is cut into small cubes and place it in the middle of a large dish.
- Place the pickled cucumbers, onions, eggs, capers and avocado around the salmon.
- Squeeze a little lemon juice over the avocados so it does not turn brown.
- Place the egg yolks in their shells around the dish
- Pull out dollops of caviar and put it around the dish.
- Mix all the ingredients together
- Season with pepper
Cooking Time 25 mins