Cured Salmon is salmon that is lightly salted. Most fish can be cured so this recipe applies to most fishes. It can be cured within a couple of hours to add flavor. To preserve the cured salmon, it needs 2 days.
For 1kg of Salmon
10 white peppercorns, crushed
300 – 400g dill, chopped.
- Slice the salmon along the backbone
- Remove the backbone and remove all the bones
- Place the salmon halves skin side down in a dish.
- Mix the sugar, salt and white pepper together
- Rub the mixture into the fish
- Sprinkle with dill
- Cover the fish and leave it in the refrigerator for 2 days.
- Turn it a few times to make sure it is evenly cured.