The basics of being on a Paleo diet is the avoid gluten like the plague. By removing grains and legumes from your diet, managing systemic inflammation and insulin levels are critical to keeping your health in check. Start preparing meat and vegetables with some fat and spices- your paleo guide.
For this meal, use any coloured bell peppers. If you don’t fancy beef, you can use any mince meat like chicken, turkey or pork. Trust us when we say this dish can be an all in one meal.
2 bell peppers, halved and cleaned
1 tablespoon bacon grease or coconut oil
1/2 large onion, diced
Black Pepper , Sea Salt
4 cloves garlic, pressed or chopped
1/2 cup diced tomatoes, fresh or canned
450g of ground beef, turkey, chicken or pork
6 Fresh Basil Leaves , finely chopped
Extra basil leaves for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF
2. Place the pepper halves into a dish face down for 12-15 mins.
3. Heat the bacon grease or coconut oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
4. Saute the onions, adding sea salt and black pepper for taste. Saute till they are translucent and slightly browned on the edges
5. Add the tomatoes and garlic to the onions and simmer for about 2 -3 minutes.
6. Add the meat and cook until soft and tender.
7. Taste the mixture and adjust seasoning to your liking. Mix in the chopped basil.
8. Remove the peppers from the oven and flip it over.
9. Scoop the stuffing mixture into each half.
10. Put them back in the oven for 15-20 minutes to mixtures to blend together more.
To make this dish more filling , add 2 cups of finely chopped spinach to the meat.
Cooking Time 25-35 minutes