Seafood is best savoured fresh for its natural sweetness and succulence. Ingredients used should not cover its natural flavours. Here’s an original recipe by one of the WetMarket founders; a simple recipe for a delicious and quick-to-cook Sautéed Bamboo Clams over White Wine Butter Garlic Pasta.
PREP TIME : 30 min
COOK TIME : 15 min
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 3 tbsp chopped garlic
- 450g of bamboo clams, removed from shell and cleaned
- 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 225g pre-cooked pasta of choice
- 5 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Crusty bread
- Heat a large saute pan, add EVOO and chopped garlic, and cook the halved cherry tomatoes.
- Push all cooked ingredients to the side of the pan. Add butter, and cook bamboo clams. Then, add white wine.
- Saute clams until heated through.
- Add pre-cooked pasta, Parmesan, and chopped parsley.
- Serve with fresh, crusty bread.