Cooking razor clams also known as bamboo clams can be a daunting task. We got a great article which guides you with step by step instructions on cleaning bamboo clams.
Trust us once you get the hang of it, bamboo clams will be your new found seafood dish! There are so many ways to cook bamboo clams but this recipe is for people with little time on their hands.
This recipe does not involve cleaning and gutting bamboo clams but this is one of the ways it can be eaten.
Cooking bamboo clams
Preparation : 5-10 minutes
Cooking: 4-5 minutes
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
8 Razor Clams
2 Garlic Cloves, finely sliced
3 Tablespoons (20g) butter
0.5 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
1. Rinse each clam in very cold water to get the sand off
2. Heat a large heavy-based pan, add the oil, increase the heat to high, then when the pan is very hot, add the clams.
3. As soon as the clams begin to open, turn them over so the meat touches the pan. Reduce the heat, stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute
4. Turn the clams over , add the butter and chopped parsley. Discard any clams that are still closed.
5. Server the clams with the juices from the pan.
There you go. Simple and really easy to replicate!
Photo Credits: Morsels and Musings