This recipe brings about a juxtaposition of flavors, with added vibrance in colors and richness in taste from the Zucchini and Cheddar Cheese. Great as a dish for potluck parties or simply as a comfort food over the weekend, this crust-less quiche is gluten-free and yummy, even non-veggie eating children would be asking for more.
Prep Time: 30min
Cook Time: 60min
450g shredded cheddar cheese
375ml cup milk
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oven to 375F.
- Using a sharp knife, thinly slice the zucchini. Sprinkle salt all over the zucchini slices, toss thoroughly with your fingers and let sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Place the zucchini slices in a cheese cloth or and give it a good squeeze to take out all the moisture.
- In a mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs with the milk. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in 1 cup shredded cheese.
- In a quiche pan, arrange half of the drained zucchini slices and sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese on top of them.
- Arrange a second layer of zucchini slices and pour the milk mixture over them.
- Finish the quiche with the remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake the zucchini quiche in the hot oven for about 50-60 minutes until set and the top of the quiche is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve either warm or cold.