- 2 tablespoons ghee, divided (plus more for greasing the biscuit cutters)
- ¼ pound bulk raw pork breakfast sausage
- 2 large eggs
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup water
- 1 heaping tablespoon guacamole (optional)
- Grab two stainless steel 3½-inch biscuit cutters, and grease the insides well with melted ghee. Place one cutter on a plate and fill it with the sausage meat. Gently press the meat down to uniformly shape a sausage patty.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add a tablespoon of ghee. When the fat is shimmering, add the patty to the pan. If you really want the patty to keep its perfectly round shape, you can keep the mould on until the cooked patty shrinks away from the sides. Clean the biscuit cutter and grease it again.
- Fry the sausage about 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until fully cooked.
- Grab two small bowls and crack one egg into each. Pierce the yolks with a fork.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with the remaining tablespoon of ghee. When the ghee’s shimmering, place the two greased biscuit cutters in the pan and pour an egg into each mould. Season the eggs with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add ¼ cup water to the skillet (outside of the egg moulds), making sure not to splash the eggs, and cover the pan. Cook the eggs, covered, for about 3 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer the eggs to a paper-towel lined plate.
- Assemble the burger by sandwiching the sausage patty and guacamole in between the two egg rounds.